We are now selling rooms only for the coming season and not beds. Our communal kitchen will not open this season. We operate full bar and restaurant facilities in-house. Room rate includes a served, light breakfast of cereals, toast, tea or coffee and juice. Cooked breakfast menu is also available as an extra. Bring your own towels. All other bed linen is provided.
You must book your ferry on-line at the link below due to Covid-19 tracing requirements. Please use the BLUE FERRY only.
Sailor’s Bar & Restaurant
Bookings are essential for dinner reservation. Please call the bar on 098 26307.
In the off-season, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we are flat our getting things ready, we may not staff the phones all the time. As such please email email@example.com for booking requests and I will get back to you ASAP.
Covid 19 Policy
In these testing times our thoughts and thanks are with those on the front lines of our health & public services.
We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of Fáilte Ireland, which were developed in association with all of the relevant statutory bodies regarding the Coronavirus, to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our Customers, our Staff, and our Community.
We have introduced the following initiatives:
- Training – all of our staff have completed the Infection Prevention Control Training program with Fáilte Ireland. We have appointed a Covid 19 response manager to maintain standards and training.
- Cleaning products and protocols: Our hostel and bar uses cleaning products and protocols as set out in best practice to prevent the spread of infection.
The following actions have been taken by the Hostel & Bar, and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government / HSE and Fáilte Ireland:
- Please use the island’s year-round ferry service (O’Gradys BLUE FERRY) clareislandferry.com
- You must buy your tickets in advance to facilitate contact tracing and to receive a discount.
- All passengers must wear a mask and use the disinfectant gels provided.
Reception – checking-in and out of the hostel
- Hand sanitiser is available to guests entering the property.
- Perspex screens have been installed at Reception desk and main bar.
- The use of credit/debit cards and contactless payments is encouraged, to reduce the handling of cash however cash is still accepted.
- Card machines are to be disinfected between use.
- Full payment and pre-authorisations will be processed at check-in.
- Pre-bookings will be taken for dinner at the time of check-in.
- The Reception Desk area is disinfected hourly.
- All tourist information has been removed from the hostel lobby and reception areas.
- Social distancing markers are in place in our lobby, to prevent crowding.
- Disposable gloves are worn by all staff members at all times.
- The hostel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items.
- All key “touch-points” within guestrooms will be disinfected and sanitised between stays; e.g. doors, door handles, light switches, countertops.
- The hostel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public restrooms.
- Social distance markers have been put in place in our reception, to control check-in queues and general crowding.
Bar Restaurant & Dining Areas
- All menus and credit card machines are sanitised after use, single use menus are used as much as possible.
- We encourage a cashless contactless payment policy as much as possible.
- Tables are sanitised after each guest visit. All seating arrangements have taken into consideration recommended social distancing.
- Buffet services have been replaced by comprehensive menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Please note that all dining at the hostel for residents and non-residents require reservations. To make a reservation please call 098 26307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you can do to help:
Should you present with any symptoms of Coronavirus or feel unwell during your stay, we kindly ask that you remain in your bedroom and contact our Front Desk Team. We will arrange for a doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
We look forward welcoming our loyal customers, guests, friends and colleagues back soon.