COVID 19 UPDATE:
Due to the effect of the Covid 19 outbreak, we regret that we are not in a position to refund deposits on bookings affected by the current restrictions. However, deposits can be set against bookings for an alternative date. Cancellation or amendment on dates outside of the restriction period is catered for within the existing terms and conditions.
Individual & Family Room Booking Terms & Conditions
- Individuals and family, please book via our on-line booking engine on our web-site for days Sunday to Friday nights. Bookings for Saturday nights can only be made via e-mail email@example.com
- No deposit taken at time of booking. Credit Card details are taken and the below terms & conditions applied
- Full payment is taken on check in for accommodation
- Rates include 9% VAT
- Family rooms not available Saturday nights in May to September and Friday nights in July and August
- No group booking allowed through on-line system. Max 6 beds per booking
- All group bookings must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org If a group books via on–line portal, the hostel holds the right to cancel the booking before check in
- If your booking is for more than one night, the hostel reserves the right to cancel the remainder of your booking and resell the bed/room if you don’t check in on your arrival date
- It is our policy not to allow children under 18 years share dorm rooms with non-family or group members
- It is our policy not to allow children under 18 years stay Saturday nights in May to September and Friday nights in July and August
Individual & Family Room Cancellation/Refund Policy
- No cancellation fee applies before 72 hours of booking date
- Full payment is taken if booking cancelled within 72 hours of booking date (Friday and Saturday nights plus Sunday bank holidays)
- First night’s accommodation is taken if booking cancelled within 72 hours of booking date (Sunday to Thursday nights)
Group Booking Terms & Conditions
- Once your group’s package is agreed, we require a booking deposit equivalent to the first night’s accommodation to be paid up front to confirm the booking
- This booking deposit is refundable up to 4 weeks before the booking and thereafter non-refundable
- The balance of the package (if applicable) including return ferry crossing and food is payable on arrival at the hostel by the group leader
- We generate a booking invoice which includes bank details to transfer the payment
- The initial booking will not be confirmed until booking deposit is received
- Standard Group bookings are defined as an organized group of 6 people or more
- Every group is required to have a leader (aged 18 or over), who is responsible for making and paying for the booking and is the main point of contact before, during and after the stay.
- The Lead Person may be liable for damage caused by the action of their party members and/or be asked to remove their group from the Hostel if behavior is unacceptable. Any damage to the Hostel or its contents will be charged to the group.
- If your booking is for more than one night, the hostel reserves the right to cancel the remainder of your booking and resell the bed/room if you don’t check in on your arrival date.
- It is our policy not to allow children under 18 years share dorm rooms with non-family or group members.
- A refundable security deposit of €100 is required for certain groups when checking into Go Explore Hostel. Rooms are checked before departure and the deposit will be retained in the event of any of the following:
- any sign of alcohol found in the bedrooms
- anyone has been sick in bedrooms
- markings on the walls of floors
- spillage or breakage
- damage to bedding
- Complaints of excessive noise will also result in the retention of security deposit
For bank holiday weekends, we only accept Saturday night bookings as part of a minimum two night stay. We can accept one night booking for Friday and Sunday nights only
Group Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Booking deposit equivalent to the first nights’ accommodation is refundable up to 4 weeks before check in date and thereafter non-refundable
- Final payment for accommodation is non-refundable and payable up to 1 week before booking date
Groups bringing their own drinks to the hostel
We have no problem with groups bringing some drinks to the hostel to enjoy before or after dinner.
We do not allow drinks to be brought up to the bedrooms in any circumstance.
We do not allow customers own drinks to be consumed in the public bar and upper terrace outside.
If groups want to use the hostel lounge for a before dinner gathering then it can be booked for a €100 fee to cover clean up and waste disposal. We would ask that you do not bring excessive amounts of you own alcohol to the island as it is not sustainable for our local economy due to our short season.
General Terms & Conditions
- Go Explore Hostel cannot accept any liability and will not consider payment of compensation where the Hostel booking could not be fulfilled due to circumstances which we or our suppliers could not, even with due care, have foreseen or avoided. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, Act of God, terrorist activities, technical problems with transportation, closures of airports, ports and/or ferries, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control.
- For other unforeseen internal operational reasons, Go Explore Hostel may occasionally be forced to change or cancel one or more bed nights. In such cases, every effort will be made to contact you in advance, using the contact details supplied at the time of booking or during any subsequent communication. In such cases, no surcharge will be made where guests are required to be relocated to a different Hostel or alternative accommodation.
- As far as the law allows, Go Explore Hostel takes no responsibility for loss to any guest as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.